Saturday, November 29, 2008

will you let me go?

she said: (in a fit of tears and hitting) i hate you!
he said: why, what did I do to you?
she said: i hate you! (and continues to hit him and cries harder)
he said: stop it! (he kicks her in "self-defense")
she said: I HATE YOU! (sits on the bed, cries some more until she's dried out)
she said: i'm sorry. i want to leave.
he said: why?
she said: because you are pulling me down.
he said: (doesn't say anything yet) is that how you feel?
she said: yes
he said: (with conviction) oh, as soon as you get a job you can leave. i will pray you get the job but i'm not going with you.
she said: (screaming in her head, "whatt????") you're letting me go?
he said: (he looks at her with a straight face and says in a firm voice,) yes. if that's what makes you happy. i hope you get the job. i will pray you get the job
she said: (she actually doesn't know what to say. she didn't expect this) don't you love me?
he said: i love you. but my happiness is based on your happiness. so if that makes you happy, then go

(he walks out. she stares at his receding back and notices that he is firm with his answer. she realizes that this is it, this may be the end of all of their four years together. she sits on the bed, not knowing what to do or what to say. she just sits there)

No comments: