Friday, November 28, 2008

My ex-officemate's blog


While the washing machine was churning away, I went online, looking for nothing specific. I checked the updated showbiz web pages (same old celebrity angst), checked the movies (everybody still hyped over Twilight), checked the jobs website (still nothing there for me) and finally googled the names of people I know. To my surprise, I discovered a website of a former colleague.


I got curious and sneaked in to his website. It is a collection of random thoughts, rants, movie reviews, photos and many more. He didn't strike me as a writer, nor did I think that he had anything interesting to share. I was amused about the things he had on his website. His angst over his job in the company where we used to work for gave me an idea of how he really felt. It didn't strike me that he was struggling then, it looks like he was keeping it to himself.


He had several entries about the love of his life - I really didn't expect him to have one because he is sooo childish, and I told him to "grow up!" more than once. Now I realize he is a softie and hopelessly in love with a Juliet in his own Shakespeare world.


I also discovered that he is getting good at photography and I am learning a lot about this office mate I didn't quite like before through his pictures. When he bought his SLR camera, I was certain that he was just catching up on the bandwagon because three of our officemates had the same SLR cameras.


I am pretty amused and laugh at how misled I was about him. I'll let him know when I see him and ask about his Juliet in his perfect little Shakespeare world.

No comments: