Friday, March 13, 2009

DILLEMMA

Today was one hectic day.
Woke up at 6 am and rushed out the door at 7:30 am. Why so early? I had a "supposed" job offer at Star Cruises at Pasay City. I figured it would be a long drive, and it was, and what was worse we made a wrong turn and ended up at NAIA 1 when we were supposed to be at NAIA 3. We got there on time anyway with ten minutes to spare for a smoke break (Thanks to my dada's driving skills).


When I got there, I had to wait for a few minutes for the person in charge to attend to me. What I thought would be a 30-minute process for me to make my decision in the next 10 minutes turned out to be a whole day dillemma.



You see, I was unemployed for six looong months. I've gotten depressed and angry, and then complacent and mere lazy. My Boss from my previous employment came to my rescue asking me to work for her again. Despite all the reservations I had - from delayed salaries, to unprofessional co-workers & the instability of the company - I agreed to go back, after all the salary is exceptional and I wanted to work again instead of wasting brain cells from watching stupid television shows. But most of all - I agreed because my boss is my friend, and she asked me if my going back would be my birthday gift to her.



A week after, I received a call from Star Cruises informing me that I got the job I applied for way back December. This is something new and exciting - I will be one of the first batches of employees to work at the Newport City (The new Fort-Bonifacio-like area in Pasay, across NAIA 3) and also, I believe that this company is more stable than my old one. I am pretty sure that this company has perks too - like incentives and other benefits which again my old company doesn't have BUT only half my pay is taxable.



I am to start work at my old company on Monday and the Job offer will be discussed on Monday as well - I'm supposed to make a decision today but my brain is mush, I have a terrible headache and my thoughts are going around in circles...



...also, my bed is seducing me to succumb into the lull of my soffft sofft pillow and my snuggly blanket...



I am losing the struggle, I will give in to my bed. I will pray for a sign and make the decision the moment I wake up.


Zzzzzzzz.....

No comments: