Monday, March 16, 2009

BACK IN THE WOLVES DEN



There I was, amidst the morning mob, trying not to be crushed as everybody geared up to get in the train doors. With no practice for six months, it took four trains before I was able to ride. Through the doors and into the train, back to back and side to side, sweat mingling against sweat and inhaling anothers breath.





This is the life I swore not to return to, yet here I am, lining up to get on to the lifts. Butterflies were slamming in my stomach, sweat was forming at the back of my neck and I was picturing an unwelcoming party with their teeth bared as the door opened ----





The door opened to an unkempt office and a bathroom I will not even attempt to describe. Beyong the mess were two people I knew deserved my respect. The rest couldn't care less. I am invisible as they walked in, my greetings fell on deaf ears. I was sent to a corner desk and I felt alone, pitied myself and almost cried.





Tomorrow will be different, I will walk in with confidence, march on and show them. I will be the victor. I have returned to conquer the wolves.

No comments: